Wednesday 8 October 2008

Happy Birthday !!!!!!!


To me. I m officially 28, started from 3 days ago. I apologise that I haven’t updated my blog for days. Last week, I was not well for a few days, then I had my holiday on Thursday and Friday to prepare my birthday dinner.

Describe that was a 7-course meal, I wasn’t stressed out. I had plenty of time to prepare the dinner, I was on top of my schedule. I was even able to have a break between 6 – 7pm. Everyone arrived about the same time, we started with some appetizer, with Z and Lance helping, the party started…….

Appetizer

Kir Royal

Starter

Beetroot Home-cured Salmon with Soda Bread and Horseradish Dressing

Butternut Squash Risotto with Truffle Oil

Homemade Pear Sorbet

Main

Gressingham Duck with Beetroot Purée and Autumn Vegetable with
Port and Red Wine Gravy

Desserts

Passion Fruit Tart with
Homemade Cardamom White Chocolate and Mascarpone Ice-cream

Amaretto Chocolate Torte (Courtesy to Bec)

Cheese Board -

Wensleydale, Mature French Brie, St Nectaire, Camembert, Smoked Lancashire, Ploughman Cheddar, Organic Bishop Stilton, Roquefort

That was the biggest dinner I have ever made. Even tho, there are numerous amount of dishes, the portion of every course was in perfect size, not too big, not too small. It was good enough to taste and remember, but not filling you up. Em was very impressed of the dinner, she loved all the courses and for once she didn’t feel that her stomach was going to explode after the dinner. It is always good to want more after a dinner, that gives you a better memory of the meal, a lot more enjoyable. I made a stuffed mushroom for Bec’s main, it was very easy to made and she was equally impressed as we carnivores.

The dinner started at 8:30pm, cheese came around at 11:00pm. It was a delightful night, with all my closed friends and family. Bec made me a chocolate torte for birthday cake, serve on this marble stone plate. The torte is very rich but nicely rich with amaretto kick. It was very nice that Bec made me a birthday cake, that's always better than a birthday I made for myself. It was the best birthday so far. Seeing everyone enjoying my food, all the hard work suddenly seems insignificant.

I don’t usually enjoy the food as much as when I m a guest. However, I was so please of the outcome. All the dishes were up to my standard, of course there were a flaw here and there, but in general it was a success.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take picture for my dishes, may be some other time when I made them again. All the recipe will be posted on here in the future, but when…..I don’t know :P if anyone would like to get the recipe sooner, please email me, and I will do my best.

2 comments:

Georg Nieuwoudt said...

Haha...you're making my mouth water now...wish i can flew you in to do all the catering for my bday...I know it will be made with love and an unstoppable passion...

benniboi said...

haha Georg, anytime if you live closer :)